Super Bowl Sunday (healthy) Recipes & Tips
Just because this weekend is Super Bowl Sunday doesn’t mean you have to cheat on your diet! Here are some great recipes I have found that will help you stay on track to obtaining your bathing suit body –
1. Caribbean Spiced Chicken Wings: This recipe uses a spiced rub vs. a marinade which helps to cut down the calories!
2. Guacamole With Jimcama Sticks: Instead of using chips try using jimcama sticks – they pair so well with guacamole!
3. Skinny Baked Mozzerella Sticks: Baked not fried – need I say more!
4. Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips: Try using a greek yogurt based dipping sauce vs. your normal blue cheese dressing.
Hopefully you will just LOVE these recipes and keep choosing healthier any day snacks!
Here are some great quick tips for staying healthier during the big game –
1. Eat Mindfully & Carefully: Don’t sit at the buffet table the entire game. Grab a plate, sit down, and be done with it. Try to fill up on healthier options and take small bites of the more sinful food.
2. Avoid the fried food: You will thank yourself later!
3. Remember that alcohol has calories! For every beer or glass of wine you drink ass on around 100 calories. Try to avoid mixed drinks (and their massive amounts of calories) at all costs!
4. Get a pre-game workout in: Give yourself some time to get a solid workout in before the game. The more active you are the healthier you will feel! This will result in smarter food & drink options for when the game comes on!
Have a great day!